Our Process - What to Expect
1. We will send you a quick estimate based on the information you provided on the Quick Estimate Form at no obligation.
2. If you want to move forward we will gather more information from you and prepare a detailed agreement and estimate, again at no obligation.
3. We will ask for a deposit and begin project planning.
4. A mock-up of the design of the website will be created for your review and approval.
5. After your approval of the design we will develop the website.
6. If our agreement includes SEO (Search Engine Optimization) we will incorporate it as we develop the website.
7. We will test the website as needed and launch (aka publish) it to the world wide web.
8. We will submit your website to the major search engines for early ‘crawling’ and indexing.
9. If part of the agreement includes on-going, monthly SEO campaigns we will begin this process so that your website’s ranking will continue to rise on search engine results.
How Much Does a Website Cost?
The cost of building a new website can vary greatly depending on the:
- Quantity (number of pages) of the website;
- Quality of the website (excellent photography and compelling text makes a HUGE difference in keeping visitors interested in what you have to offer and making a conversion (sales, sign-ups, etc.);
- Extra features: e-commerce, on-line forms such as questionnaires, videos, slides, galleries and more.
Why is a Mobile-Friendly Website Important?
Did you know that most people are never farther than two feet from their mobile phones? With so many people relying on mobile devices every day, not providing a mobile optimized version of your website means that you could be losing out on important business! Having a solid mobile strategy is paramount if you want to maximize your potential.
Mobile Development and SEO Mobile Search
The first aspect of mobile that we have to consider is that mobile search is fundamentally different from traditional (desktop) search. Mobile users are faced with a huge set of challenges, such as small screen size, tiny keyboards with awkward input, lengthy download times… the list goes on. Mobile browsing can be downright uncomfortable.
Additionally, most mobile users are not “surfers” – they just want to find what they need and get on with their lives. As a matter of fact, studies have shown that most mobile users will perform a search for a brand even when they know the brand’s website address, just because it’s quicker than typing it out. This means that search engines play an even bigger role in the mobile market, making mobile SEO a priority.
Your site coming up in the mobile search results is simply not enough though. If you’re not providing your users with an optimized viewing experience, you’re only halfway there. Mobile users not only demand immediate access to the information they need, but they also demand it in a format that is lightweight and quick loading, carefully organized, and a breeze to read and navigate.
Can my staff maintain the site once it's built?
Absolutely! We build all of our websites using WordPress as the core which means that for most purposes it is easy and quick to add and edit text and image content, as well as add new web pages. We encourage our clients to manage their own content edited whenever possible. We will provide you with free written and/or video tutorials on using WordPress from beginner to advanced. In most cases you, or your staff, will be able to make basic edits to your website after just one hour of tutoring.
Is Social Media Right for You?
Ted Hong, the Chief Marketing Officer at Fandango, said something about Mobile that definitely rings true in Social Media: “just because it’s sexy, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for every company to have.”
We all know that social media is hugely popular, but the truth is that it’s not the right fit for everyone. All profiles might be structured the same, but this is not a cookie-cutter form of marketing – the whole point is its personal, individualized nature, and every company has different needs. We’ve mentioned before that SEO for companies that have a product hard for customers to get excited about (such as underground fuel tanks) can’t rely on people to naturally want to link to their site. The same applies with social media – it’s social, which means that fostering an interaction between the company and its consumers is key. If your intended audience isn’t likely to find you or engage you via social media, then creating a number of different profiles could mean wasted time.
Being successful in social media and making it a useful resource to aid in your SEO, takes a lot of time and resources, and if you believe it is right for your company, Customer Magnetism can help you create the individualized game plan you need to promote that success.
– Vic Gundotra, Google’s VP of Engineering
Why is content so important to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
While there is no magic bullet for writing content for a web page that will rank highly in search engines, there are a few things that search engines look for consistently which help your website’s ranking:
Strong content: If you focus on nothing else, you should focus on the content (compelling and informative text and images) of your web pages. Search engines are constantly tuning their programs to read and review the content of web pages to make sure that it really is about what you say it’s about. Content is king on a web page both for your readers and for search engines.
Keyword phrases: Optimize your pages by incorporating the keyword phrases (two words or more) your potential customers might use to search for your product or service. Make sure that that phrase is repeated in the content, the headlines, and links within the page.
Optimize each page: If you treat every page as a possible entry page, aka ‘Landing Page’ on your web site, your readers will have more ways to find the site.
Email 'Blasts' and On-line Newsletters
Email is an excellent and cost effective way to alert your clients to upcoming specials, events, and additions to the site. They are also a great way to build business and remind your customers you’re out there. PDX Website Design offers design services to customize your email campaigns to match your branding (logo colors, website design, letterhead, etc. Custom templates not only include branding but can also include links to specific pages on your website, Calls-To-Action and much more!